If facials were high school students, the HydraFacial would definitely be Head Cheerleader. This facial has gotten immensely popular all over the world; in fact, someone is getting a HydraFacial every 15 seconds! Why? Well, in a sentence, it tackles dryness, ageing, collagen production, pigmentation, and acne with almost no side effects. Plus, it feels amazing!
WHAT IS A HYDRAFACIAL?
Simply put, it is a medical-grade resurfacing treatment that hydrates your skin whilst cleaning and clearing out your pores. Every type of HydraFacial, whether it is an express or a full-fledged platinum treatment consists of 4 steps. These steps include cleansing, exfoliating, extracting and hydrating.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THIS TREATMENT?
As mentioned, it consists of 4 steps including:
- Cleansing – Using the pen-like device and the machine’s vortex technology, the treatment begins by sucking out the dead skin cells and any excess sebum.
- Exfoliating – Salicylic and glycolic acids are applied to the skin through the pen-like device to unclog your pores.
- Extracting – The last 2 steps help to ease this process of vacuuming out blackheads, deep dirt, impurities and excess oil.
- Hydrating – Nourishing serums are applied to the skin to ensure you get that amazing skin glow.
Additionally, with this equipment, you can enjoy hundreds of customisable treatment combinations to personalise every HydraFacial experience for any skin concern with tips, boosters, and other enhancements. Boosters target skin concerns such as ageing, pigmentation, collagen, sun damage, acne and more.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Because of its process, a HydraFacial can rejuvenate and revitalize your skin by:
- Giving you brighter, plumper and clearer skin
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Improving the firmness of your skin
- Giving a more even skin tone
- Improving the texture of your skin
- Reducing the appearance of brown spots, and
- Reducing enlarged pores.
ANY SIDE EFFECTS TO WORRY ABOUT?
Apart from how wonderful the facial feels and the benefits you receive, one of the reasons it is so popular is because there is virtually no downtime. Some people get a little red but that disappears quite quickly and you can resume your normal routine almost immediately. In fact, quite a few gets their HydraFacial done during their work lunch break!
ARE YOU SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
Let’s put it this way – practically everyone can get a HydraFacial regardless of age, skin tone and skin type. It is great for:
- Teens looking to handle their acne
- Adults trying to get rid of acne once and for all
- Anyone trying to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Anyone looking to deal with hyperpigmentation
- Those who have sun damage
- Or anyone looking to wow everyone with the skin glow.
However, if you have got any open wounds, active rashes, raw sunburn, and rosacea, it will be best to avoid getting a HydraFacial.
IS ONE TREATMENT ENOUGH?
Even though you can see and feel results straight after the first treatment, it is crucial to invest in a course of HydraFacial treatments. This is because a course of treatments is what improves your skin’s health for the long run. You can have it as often as every four to six weeks.
As you can tell, the HydraFacial is more than a facial… it is treatment in itself. And it is something you should experience if you have the opportunity to.